Offbeat Jungle Trek to Rangana Fort
Information about the Trek :
Date: 28-29 Jan 2017(Saturday – Sunnday)
Participants :- min 35, max 50,(First come first serve)
About Rangana :
Rangana Fort (Prasiddhagad) Rangana Fort is a very rare example of what can happen when extreme nature and extreme human achievements can do.Rangana Fort situated in deep core forests and on a peek where even modern amenities fails in today’s world so one can imaginehow and what made it possible to built and portray a fort structure in such dense and dangerous area. Rangana fort is famous as Prasidhdha Gad in the Maratha history situated in the Sahyadri Mountain on the boundary of Kolhapur and Sindhudurg districts of Maharashtra at the height of 2600 ft above MSL. Fort not easily accessible, strong and not easily defeat able even to enemies.
The Rangana area is spread 3 km long and about 1 km wide. There are many water tanks on this fort. It is said that Shivaji Maharaj used to stay on this fort while traveling from Raigad to Kokan and Karnataka. It has remained unknown to common man even today because of its construction at a place not comes in usual vision. History of Rangana is hidden by forests and hills and therefore, not gets attention of many. Without Rangana history of Maharashtra would be incomplete.
Key Features of the trek:
Thrilling jungle trek, Camping At like side , camp fire, jungle cooking, night trek, Patgoan Dam, Monimaharaj math, golden opportunity to wild life photographers. Fantastic view of Kokan Region & fort like Mansantosh.
05:30 am – Meeting point-Gardan Hotel near Siber Clg.
06:00 am – Travel to Rangana Fort base village by bus.
08:00 am –Tea & breakfast on the way.
11:00 am – Start Trek to Rangana Fort
02:00 pm – Lunch (village Food) at Rangana Fort in temple
02:30 pm to 03:30 pm – Rest time.
05:00 pm – Visit to Naural darwaja & enjoining sun set from kokan point
07:00 pm – Campfire / Games .etc
09:00 pm – Dinner (Village Food)
11:00 pm – Stay in Tents.
07:00 am – Breakfast
07:30 am – Explore remaining fort,temples, Caves, water rescores etc…
12:00 pm – Lunch
01:00 pm – start descending
03:30 pm – Visit Monhi Maharaj math
05:00 pm – Return journey
We will be returning to Kolhapur by 8:30 pm tentatively (depends on traffic conditions )
The cost for the trek is INR 2299/- per person
* Transportation Kolhapur to Kolhapur by private Bus
* Accommodation in Tents on Multiple Sharing Basis
* Vegetarian Food : 2Breakfast, 2Lunch, 1 Dinner(Village Food)
* All Taxes and Service Charges
* Food ordered other than included meals in the Cost
* Personal Expenses like Soft Drinks, Mineral water, etc.
* Dinner on last day of trek.
1) 1 trek pants / Loose Trousers / Full sleeves preferred.
Carry Light Weight Cloths so that your bag is not heavy.
2) A water bottle (at least 2 litters (1 litter each) carry 2 bottles separately)
3) Shawl and sweater as it is very cold weather.
4) Good Trekking shoes.
5) Cap & sunglasses.
6) Bag-pack or trekking bags no hand bags to be carried.
7) Torch with extra Batteries.
8) Medicine (for those who require usually) and basic medicine for headache. Body pain etc.
9) Mosquito repellent cream.
10) sleeping bags or bedding stuff ( satranji or bedsit and light weight blanket )( Compulsory )
11) Toilet kit.
Limited Seats are available, kindly confirm your seat by paying your trek fees as early as possible. Last date for registration is 22th Jan 2017
Smoking and Alcohol consumption is not allowed
Participants will have to reach 25mins before at the starting point
Trek Fee once paid will not be refunded on any circumstances.
Parvatarohi should not be held responsible for any natural calamities or the situations which are beyond control.
Follow instructions given by leaders.
Please avoid wearing gold ornaments and do not carry any valuable things.
Kolhapur Hikers will not be responsible for any type of injuries during trek.
1) Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited..
2) The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members.
3) No Arguments will be entertained.
as well as MOST IMPORTANTLY carry garbage on the way back.
For More Info & Registration Contact
Sagar Patil : 8237079999 / 9579997111
Team Kolhapur Hikers
www . k o l h a p u r h i k e r s . c o m
1,608 total views, 1 views today